UPSSSC was formed in November 1988 and its headquarters is located in Lucknow. The head of UPSSSC is the Chair Person and he is supported by 8 members who work under him. The Secretary of the commission also directly reports to the chair person. The commission’s main function is to recruit people for various jobs in the state government offices at Uttar Pradesh.Which provide Government Jobs In Uttar Pradesh.
The Commission adopts 5 methods to select the candidates for suitable posts. They are:
1. Written examination: The candidate gets a job once he gets through the written examination
2. Interview: Here the candidates need to appear for the interview and they are assured of the job once they get through the interview process
3. Written examination & interview : It is two layered selection process wherein a person has to pass the written examination and then he has appear for the interview. Only those who get through both the process, are assured of the job.
4.Screening test and interview (if required) : Here candidates are screened as per the merit and as per the requirement of the job. Then depending upon the number of vacancies and also based on number of candidates, they may have to appear for the interview also.
5. The commission may also adopt the process similar to that of UPSC wherein the candidates are subjected to 3 stages of selections – Firstly, they have to clear the written examination and it is termed as preliminary examination and on getting through it, they are supposed to clear one more examination which is Main examination. On being successful in both the exams, the candidates are called for interview which is the final process.
The commission conducts various examinations for the posts of Junior Assistant, Stenographer, Clerks, Pharmacists, Technicians etc in the government organizations spread throughout the state.
1) Junior Assistant: The aspiring candidate should have passed 12th/Intermediate examination with typing proficiency of 25 words per minute. He should also have diploma in computers recognized by DOEACC i.e. Department of Electronics and Accreditation of Computer Classes. The selection is done through screening of candidates by written test, typing test and interview.
Solving previous question papers will bolster the confidence of the candidates. The previous question papers are available in the upsssc website.
Book by Vidya publications “Complete study solution” for UPSSSC Junior Assistant examination
is recommended. It comprehensively covers the total syllabus and gives complete insight to the candidate about the variety of questions posed in the examination.
2) Food Safety Officers: UPSSSC also conducts recruitment of Food Safety Officers. A Bachelor’s degree in Food Technology or Dairy Technology or Bio-technology or Oil Technology or Agricultural Science or Veterinary Sciences or Bio-Chemistry or Microbiology or Post-Graduate Degree in Chemistry or Degree in Medicine from a recognized university, or any other equivalent/recognized qualification notified by the Central Government.
Again, book by
Vidya Publications named “UPPSC Food Safety Officer Examination-10 practice sets
” can be followed by the candidates.
The UP Lower Subordinate Service Examination
The above test is conducted for the following posts:
1. Legal Assistant – Candidate should be Law Graduate
2. Child Development Project Officer – Candidate should be graduate in Sociology,
Social work or Home Science
3. Auditor – Candidate should be Commerce Graduate with
knowledge of Devnagari Hindi language
4. Jr Auditor in National Savings – Commerce graduate with knowledge of audit
Directorate & accountancy
5. Assistant controller(Legal – Degree in Mechanical engineering or Graduate
Measurement) in science with physics as a subject
6. Investigator cum Computer operator – Degree in Mathematics
in cooperative societies
For General studies you can refer to the Book by Vidya Publications named ” UPPSC Lower Sub-ordinate Service Examination-General Studies”.
Pre-examination guide on ” UPPSC Lower Subordinate Service Examination” by S.P. Godiyal is also a very informative book. S.P. Godiyal has one more book up his sleeves i.e. ” UPPSC Lower Sub-ordinate Services – Solved Papers”. These books enable the candidate can get through the examination successfully.
The UPPSC Combined State Upper Subordinate Service Examination
The examination is named as UPPSC PCS examination i.e. UPPSC Provincial Civil Service Examination. This examination is conducted every year. Candidates have to get through 3 process of recruitment i.e. 1. Preliminary examination 2. Mains examination & 3. Viva Voce.
The commission has mechanized all the processes. Their website address is as follows: www.upsssc.in. The website is absolutely user friendly. The Candidates can utilize all the services like applying online for the jobs, viewing the results which are declared online, download their hall ticket etc…They can download the syllabus too. On clearing the written examination, the candidate can download his interview call letter from the website. The website is so wieldy that it also tutors the candidates how to submit the application online and how to register for a particular job.
The website is uploaded with the answer key for the examinations which have been already held. The candidates may refer to the answer key which will be useful for him to prepare better for other examinations and also know the areas of concern. The website also keeps the candidates informed about the various vacancy positions in different government organizations. This information will be very handy for candidates who are on look out for a government job. Which provide Government Jobs In Uttar Pradesh
All the best wishes for candidates who are based in Uttar Pradesh and are on lookout for government jobs to secure their future.
Job portals like govtkb provide online updates on latest government jobs.